Monday, 6 May 2013

Fog

Rubbish tides all weekend but if any day was going to be the one for getting out on then Bank Holiday Monday was it..  10:10 high tide so with 2 or 3 hours before and after that should be a pleasant days sailing on what was being forecast as the  warmest  day of the year...

Problem was, two hour before high tide it was like this....



...and it stayed like that for the next hour, and when the fog finally lifted (or got burnt off) it was a glorious morning but with not a breath...  ah well - no sailing but there's always work to do so I pushed on with that...


...three coats of exterior masonry paint on the hatch covers (which were uncured/painted fibreglass) was a marked improvement for them...  managed to get a grey/blue colour which is close enough to the cabin/deck GRP that once they get a little lived in they should meld in nicely... 


...I'm building another cockpit tidy modelled on the one I built for "Papillon" [clicky] bit bigger, wider and incorporating lessons learned from the first one, but once again made from remnants and cast off's from the wood pile in the garage......  it's now built so I took the opportunity to offer it up for fit and it was perfect - more  pictures when it's finished and in situ...


...I also bought out a "mini washboard" that I'm going to use for my GPS, to try for size, also perfect...  that's now being varnished (with the deck tidy)...


...I've ordered a replacement cooker - the old one kept going out - looked like the gas feed was clagged up - then I'll need a kettle - the old one went with Pap... man cannot live on a boat without a cuppa and a sausage sandwich....


...lastly I've also ordered a new mushroom air vent to replace the remaining broken one...

..all go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment