Monday 4 November 2013

East Hampshire Boat Jumble....

Good weekend, as it was the local boat jumble....  always worth a browse and I had a shopping list...
 
These events are always a bit hit and miss - usually they're good for blocks, fastenings and stuff, and every now and again you get lucky on electrics ... Either way - I was looking for clevis pins, split pins, penny washers, a replacement lens for the masthead tricolour, cam cleats (with or without fairleads), and a fairlead for the bow of the boat...

 The tricolour was always going to be an outside chance and so it proved, but I got lucky with the cam cleats - two for a tenner and brand new (which must be half the new price). I also got a couple of split pins for the spreaders to replace the existing ones, and I also got a handy little deck organiser (only a fiver and looks brand new) which I plan to use as part of my plan to lead the main halyard and topping lift back to the cockpit - not my boat, but this is the idea..


Double block and eye bolt (bought at the Netley jumble) in blue, with the organiser (in red) to lead the halyards outside of my grab rails and back to the cabin roof at the cockpit - where the two cam cleats will be provide the fixing point....  more pictures later,

Spotted these in various places on the web and providing food for thought.....


These are the cockpit lockers on a Hurley 20 called "Big Easy" - three things came to mind - a handy place for battery storage, and also a manual bilge pump, but also I like the removable locker floors - at the moment mine are open so stuff can roll under the cockpit floor......  brilliant...

 
This is the cabin of Hurley 20 "Lydia" - I like that surround which provides secure storage, but also the anchor point for a second shelf...   hmmmmm....

In the meanwhile Sparrow's fine - I emptied her of boom with cover and mainsail, jib, and also cabin cushions this weekend to store in the garage at home - it's no drier there than in the boat (being unheated) but it means I can get a good go at the cabin without messing stuff up....  only had time to do that and empty a bucket of rain water from the bilges (we've had a lot of rain, and a lot of wind, and I think it's blowing in via the cockpit lockers...) before heading for home...

Itching to get started on some of these projects.. time to start work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment