Monday 10 March 2014

Job #9 - Cockpit drains - completed...

Hell yes....   👍💪

Just before my Saturday duty at the club (which was mud wading to check the moorings; a more execrable - quite literally - job I find it difficult to imagine) "Coral" Paul and I fitted the contents of the package I'd received from ASAP [clicky] the day before...

For the record these were:
  • BALL VALVE DZR 3/4"BSP FEMALE PORTS x 2 (part no. 405704) @ £21.16 (each) 
  • HOSETAIL 3/4"BSPM-19mm HOSE CRBRASS x 2 (part no. 435045) @ £3.83 (each)
  • JUBILEE CLIPS 16-22mm 304 S/STEEL x 4 (part no. 416103) @ £1.08 (each)
  • BLACK HELIFLEX HOSE 19mm x 1 MTR (part no. 412419) @ £1.95
So DZR throughout, and enough clips to double up  at both ends....  throw in 5 metres at least of PTFE and the job was a good'un for just less than £50 delivered...  

From this:



To this:

Double clips all round - and offset as I read somewhere that this distributes load better than having both screw heads facing the same direction....  decided not to bother crossing them as the hose run is so short..


Shiny!

Slight hiccup when a few days later, I found I had a small but irritating leak when it rained - I suspect that the hose was so stiff that it wouldn't collapse fully on to the hose tail...  I undid the hoses at the ball valve so as to pack the hose tails with PTFE and a thick smear of silicone (I used the frame sealant again as I had it handy), I also kept the hose end in a cup of boiling water as that helps with the compression from the clips...  Hopefully all now good - fingers crossed it stays that way when I launch!!

Absolutely made up as this was my big job of the winter...  now if/when I can get the cockpit drain sorted I'll be chuffed to nuts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment