Thursday 3 October 2013

Southampton Boat Show 2013

Low key Boat Show this year for me so these are slightly late being posted.. I went on the last day and enjoyed it as much as I usually do, but ended up not going on that many boats for some reason..

Either way, the Guinness was good, and the company (bro-in-law) was better, and a good day was had by both..

These two were eye catching... they're both Open 40 class [clicky]..
 
Spot the pizza box... 
....and another, this time from the same guys who make the cars - this one is destined for the Transat Jacques Vabre [clicky] on the 3rd November...


This one made me laugh....  spotted on a copy of a replica traditional Phoenician ship "Phoenicia" [clicky] - it makes my shiny new bucket from Tesco look positively palatial... 


This is always a favourite - and one of the boats we did visit - this is a refurbished RAF crash boat [clicky] used in WWII in the North Sea to rescue pilots who had crashed into the sea..  absolutely magnificent... all wood, and in her hey day she carried 500 litres of petrol and could hit 40+ knots - brave, brave men....


..and last of all my boat of the show - this is my money no object, I've won the lottery twice, boat..  designed by Tony Castro who is the same guy that designed the current generation of Clipper boats - hence my bro-in-laws interest.... 


..absolutely delightful - not a hideous/shiny/nasty fitting to be seen - just lots and lots of high class electronics and hand crafted wood in a pleasing looking hull....  "James, take the boat to the Caribbean will you - I'll join you later in the Lear"


No comments:

Post a Comment