Tuesday 18 September 2018

Drag race..

Quick trip out on a late Sunday afternoon..  tide at 1730 and I was supposed to be cooking Sunday dinner that evening so just a few hours on the water.. 😀

F4 gusting 5 according to Cambermet when I got on the boat, so I wound in the usual reef on the main and this time as an experiment I wound in a foam pipe at the luff end of the boom to try and preserve the shape a little better - not 100% sure as I had a crease, but performance was nothing to be upset about..

I had assumed a SW'ly from the forecasts so was expecting the usual long beat against a strong early flood but what I actually got was that soldiers wind again, which powered me down to the bottom of the harbour in a glorious manner..  3.5 and four knots against the tide with a foul('ish) bottom and you know you're motoring! Very pleasing..

Fast run back to the moorings and I was home in time to put the roasties on..  sublime...

Log:


Distance: 8.25 (cumulative total in the mileage tab at the top)
Wind (Speed; Direction): F4 gusting F5; SWxW going WxS
Sail Plan: Reefed main & 75% genoa
Speed (Max/average in knots):  4.9 / 2.9

No comments:

Post a Comment