Wednesday 8 May 2019

Rollocks...

...ha... 

Leisurely trip down to the yard Monday to put the rowlocks to rights after the breakage on Sunday... here's the damage..  sod's law of course that it was a couple of inches to the right of the last repair..  if I'd just extended the last repair all would have been good..


Dismantled everything, cut out a good section of the inner and cut a new bit to fit (from eldest's old pine bed which is a gift that just keeps giving and giving and giving... ).. cut a smaller bit of the outer thwart to replace the rotted bit and then started reassembling using all the original bolt holes and bolts...

Inner..
The smaller outer is effectively just a spacer and is held in place to the inner by the same bolt attaching the rowlock holder..

While I was at it I also cut a small rebate on the top edge as no matter what  I did orginally when fitting it stood proud once I'd tightened everything down, and last year I noticed the oar was rubbing it..

Outer..
Job done..  coat of dollop and she's good for another.... year...

Apologies for the gratuitous leg shot...

No comments:

Post a Comment