Sunday 23 June 2019

Pilsey Potter

Wind on the nose, but despite that, the vista of an entire harbour, it's warm, I have 5 hours of tide to play with,..  bliss!
First time out on Sparrow in what seems like ages..  I have car issues at the moment so that has contributed, but there was also the Jolly Boys Cruise, and also some duff tide weekends, but nothing was going to stop me getting out today..  beautiful day, warm too for the first time in ages..

Nothing exciting, one of those typical days n the harbour, beating against a tide but a motor sail saw me start the process beyond Marker and as the tide filled, the tacks got longer and longer... couple of hours later I found myself just off North Head..

Met Sparrow's big sister on the way down, this is a Hurley 27, had some fun trying a tacking race and although I was a good 100 mtrs clear at one point, he went past me like I was standing still later..  



...and at that point I turned and had a quite brilliant goose wing run up the harbour on tiller pilot..  I need to make myself a bench seat this winter as my new favourite spot when the the tiller pilot is on, is sat on the companionway lip .. 

Log:


Distance: 11.34 (cumulative total in the mileage tab at the top)
Wind (Speed; Direction): F3 gusting F4; SE
Sail Plan: Full main and genoa
Speed (Max/average in knots): 4.7 / 3.1

3 comments:

  1. ".. is sat on the companion lip" ---- "is sat on" is such an English way of speaking : >)
    What a great day on the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn colonials... LOL... Still my favourite lace to sit upon.. :o))

      Delete