Saturday 27 June 2020

Second wave..

All gone a bit quiet, which isn't to say nothing's going on, but in the words of the old Prince song 'I was busy doing something close to nothing'...

Launch date has been and gone, Sparrow is still on the hard, and I've decided that for the time being at least that's where she'll stay..

Why?

Second wave concerns, mostly.. the UK is managing it's exit from lock down badly, and nothing that I am seeing in mainstream media leads me to disbelieve that there won't be a second wave in about a month or two, with the inevitable lock down, and put simply I would rather the boat was in the car park, than on the mooring, when the time comes that I can't get to her...

I've got stuff I can do on her in the warm and the dry..  I fancy having a go at the damage on the nose for one thing.... 

More anon..

4 comments:

  1. Loving your Hokusai second wave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pip - good isn't it? I wanted to give credit but can't find any details on the illustrator, and the image seems to be common'ish across the web - my one came from the Nursing Times.. stay safe.

      Delete
  2. No where on the planet is anything simple any more. Covid19 has made our lives complicated and often very frustrating. I think the wise thing is to proceed with caution in all things - which seems to be exactly what you are doing Steve - better cautious than dead. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alden, 2020 is turning out to be a right "annus horibilis" (or maybe that should be anus horibilis)... "whatev's" as the young people say, it will pass, and in the meantime I get my sailing fixes from the likes of you, so keep on posting!

      Delete