![]() |
| New and old sewn end to end... then pulled through smoothly.. |
![]() |
| Tools of the trade.. |
![]() |
| Main halyard and topping lift in the bag.. jib halyard on the floor being done.. |
I'd thought that the old halyards were in "OK" condition apart from dirt, and a coating of green algae but as it turned out they were more damaged than I thought.. this is the old topping lift (following)..
...and this following - was the main halyard after I had recovered it.. it had worn at the eye end so I guess this is 10 or so years of wear at the block/sheave at the top of the mast when under sail.. cut it out and re-whipped..
...and seeing as I had a topping lift and main halyard now, it seemed foolish not to reinstall the boom and main sail - all done and dusted, but not quite enough time to do the genoa (and besides a bit of a breeze had kicked in which would have made it awkward)..






No comments:
Post a Comment