Monday 15 April 2019

Last check list of the winter.. how did I do?

Well not too damn bad actually... so in addition to the following, I also transferred sails, sail cover, and two humungous cushions (that were going to be thrown out as being too "tatty" but were far too comfortable to do that, and to be honest improved the overall ambience of the cabin - which says a lot about the cabin...)..   we also now have a rather natty "Hurley Owners Association" sticker in the side cabin window..!

1/. Finish the tiller pilot fitting - done...

Rather than use the attachment that came with it, I had a bit of a brain wave, so rather than drilling another two holes in the boat (never a good idea, even above the water line) I've used the eye strap that was already there (that is use for tying off the tiller)


Used a scrap of hard plastic sheet from the spares box to give me a little more clearance and jobs a good'un..  rock solid, but hinges out of the way when not used..  the hook dangles, but it clears the cockpit sides so won't mark...  the cockpit locker opens almost completely in hinged back mode..  a triumph this one...


2/. I have decided a switch IS needed for the dri plug, so that when it's not in use I have an easier way of turning off the magic wand than physically unplugging it...  also done, very pleased with this one as I was again trying to over engineer it - 25mm hole, and the switch was mounted behind the bulkhead, with the actual switch in the cockpit locker just above the plug...

...the washers are over engineered but I happened to have four with the right sized hole..
..there's access through the bulkhead anyway, so I just re-opened the join above the inline fuse and lead one to one side and the other to the otherside of the switch, and got it right first time...


Had to test it with the magic wand of course, and as that was out I connected everything up, and all worked ..  looking forward to trying it in anger..

3/. Windex..  assembled and attached...  I wash my hands now - it is in the hands of fate, but she is as solid as I can now make her...


4/. Coat of floor paint in the bilge over the stringers - one coat on and already looking good - sods law of course as I was painting under first stringer it dislodged some crap I'd missed with the hoover so I've left it, and when it's dry I'll hoover it out before putting in a second coat...  I'll do that one morning/evening this week...


..and as a reminder this is what they looked like before!



5/. If there's time I'll do the tender with any leftover floor paint...  there wasn't unfortunately - Tesco beckoned with open arms (other weekly supermarket shop locations are available)

6/. Stick on the harbour sticker (the topping out ceremony) - funnily enough forgot to do this, but as I'm down for the second cut at some point before I go in Thursday I'll do it then.

Just the two things left then..  second coat, and harbour sticker..  I'll put the mooring back together on Thursday, either when I'm on it, or just before...  mast goes up Easter Monday...  fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment