Tuesday 27 August 2019

Trawling...

So my sailing season lurches back into a slightly stilted form of life after the events of a few posts back..  so what's been happening?

First off - despite 3 glorious days of warmth over the national holiday weekend in the UK, tide times were rubbish, and if I'd been tempted to do a double tider (and I was) there was not a breath all 3 days - massive high with zephyr like breaths of wind...  no good...

On Saturday I grabbed the opportunity anyway, bolted on the new/loaned engine (fresh from a service), and departed for a test motor with the option of shoving the sails up should there be even a breath...  well the engine was good ==>


...despite it's diminutive size (and it is so light..) it pushes the good ship Sparrow along at 3.5 knots against tide - which is enough..  but no wind, I put the main up, then took the main down, slapped on the autopilot, got the fishing rod out...  no success - so back to the mooring for a chat with various members...  


Course for the day..


So I hear on the club grape vine that I am not the only one to have suffered - one of the other club members has had an engine stolen as well, and when I got down to the pen where I keep the tender I find a big hole and one of the other members has had his tender stolen (owned it all his sailing life - much loved and looked after)... What is wrong with people?? What sh*ts... 😞 For me the insurance has paid out so I'm looking for a new engine, but I'm not in a rush - the loaner has given me time to look about..

Log:

Distance: 4.07 (cumulative total in the mileage tab at the top - but this not counted as it was all motoring)
Wind (Speed; Direction):  n/a
Sail Plan: n/a
Speed (Max/average in knots): 4.7 / 3.1

No comments:

Post a Comment