Thursday 10 March 2022

Time to get going..

Well who'd a thunk'd it..? A new season approaches and time to kick my moribund sailing life into motion again..

Lift in date is the 15th April - Easter Bank Holiday Friday - the count down clock (left) is ticking again..

Jobs:

  1. The outboard is in for a service - didn't get a lot of use last year, but as previously mentioned I'm a mechanical numpty, and better the experts check it over than it fails when I need it most..

  2. The life jackets are on their 24 hour inflation test - gas bottles weighed and well within limits (+/- 1 gm.)

To do list (in priority order - full list above)

  • Antifoul (if I can do job #8 - the smooth off of the old antifoul, as well, so much the better)
  • Job #11 - Tender thwarts need doing - I may have a lead on a replacement tender which would render the job unnecessary...
  • Job #3 - the depth gauge - I don't want to cut holes in the cockpit so currently thinking a hinge out instrument panel on the side of the companionway entrance will do the trick...  VHF mic and the GPS mount can go in it as well
  • Job #12 - fit the new clock
  • Coat of paint on the locker lids and wash boards
  • Update and replace the cabin stores
  • Any of the rest I get to!

No comments:

Post a Comment