Wednesday 12 June 2024

Completed job list '23/'24 lay up..

By way of record keeping, and to remind me in the future - here's the completed job list from the winter layover...  all in all I would say it was a good one, mostly because without a shadow of a doubt it was a VERY good idea to bring the tender home - it kept me occupied most of the long dark winter, whenever I got bored I went out and did a few more bits on it..  😏

Completed list...

1/. Titivate the tender - from this..


..to this..


Most gratifying..  the full list of what was done is here [clicky] and here [clicky] but in essence, washed down, rubbed down (both bottom and inside), all thwarts cut out and replaced with epoxy encased piping covered in three layers of cloth, rubbed down some more, sacrificial strips screwed and epoxied to keel, rear seat removed and strengthened, before sealing both front and rear seat - then painted..  inside with garage floor paint, outside with an off the shelf back oil based house paint, seats used the same stuff I use on the cockpit locker ids and washboards..  I don't have a picture (must get one) but I then permanently attached six fenders I got at a boat jumble over the winter with oversized tie clips. Done...  this winter I think I'll do the central seat, it needs a bit of strengthening.

2/. Jib halyard has worn at the eye strap for the diverter - cut out a foot and then rewhipped in the hard eye 

3/. Outboard well inner and outer pads replaced - for the outer edge I went with (rot free) plastic chopping board - a double thickness of high-density polyethylene chopping board - for the inner edge I used some aluminium plate I had knocking about



Oxalic removed the stain from the old pad at each end..

4/. New Windex sourced, and fitted (as I waited for the tide to come in 😀)

5/. Tiller got a much needed does of love with a rub down and re-coat...  


After...  nine (maybe 10 😏) coats of varnish later..



Regular/annual items:
  • Locker lids rubbed down, minor crack on one repaired, followed by two coats paint
  • Wash boards - two coats paint
  • Tiller pilot support - two coats paint
  • Tiller pilot clip rest two coats paint
  • Rub down and coat of wood preservative cockpit board - gave it two coats
  • Antifouled - Hempel Cruising Performer this year
  • Serviced outboard - ouch...  I'm not paying that again next year 😨
  • Serviced the Life Jackets
  • Pick up chain - new shackle between chain and swivel, a new swivel, and a new shackle for swivel to mooring buoy connection
  • Pressure wash, pre launch wash, and Oxalic

No comments:

Post a Comment